”I typically work with first time mum’s who are struggling with the challenge of post natal back pain, I help them out of pain for good, so they can be the mum they always dreamed of being”
Koosje Kosters originates from Amsterdam, Holland.
Koosje graduated with a Bachelor of Health Science in Physiotherapy from the prestigious International Academy of Physiotherapy ‘Thim van der Laan’ in the Netherlands.
In addition, Koosje graduated, with honours, in Osteopathic Medicine, ‘Bachelor of Science’ (BSc.Ost) from the University of Surrey.
Koosje then went on to complete her postgraduate development in Paediatric Osteopathy at The Surrey Institute of Osteopathic Medicine (SIOM).
- A Registered Osteopath (GOsC)
- A State Registered Physiotherapist in both in the Netherlands & Great Britain
- A Member of the Chartered Society of Physiotherapists
- A Member of the Kinesio Taping Association UK
- Still Exaggeration Technique course by Dr Jerry Dickey & Dr Turner Slicho, Nova Scotia, Canada 2016.
- Wellness, Health & Lifestyle Coaching, course by Chris Lambert-Gowyn, London 2016.
- Visceral Manipulation – Peter Schwind & Carla Stecco, Washington D. C. 2015.
- Spine Biomechanics by Serge Gracovetsky, Washington DC 2015.
- Paediatric Osteopathy at The Surrey Institute of Osteopathic Medicine, U.K. 2015.
- Cranial Therapy, Advanced Course – The Sutherland Cranial College of Osteopathy, London 2014.
- Chronic Lumbo-Pelvic Pain by Andry Vleeming, Bournemouth, U.K. 2014.
- British Medical Acupuncture by Dr M. Cummings, London, 2014.
- Fundamental and Advanced Kinesio Taping (KT1 & KT2) 2013.
- Optimising Motor Control of the Lumbo Pelvic Region by Trish Wisbey-Roth, Dubai, U.A.E. 2013.
- Fascial Manipulation, by Stecco – Dubai, U.A.E. 2013.
- Osteopathic Still Technique, (by Jonathan Edis & Glynn Booker at BSO) London, 2012.
- Osteopathic Still Technique, (by Norman Baker at BCOM) London, 2012.
- Fascial plane and Myofascial plane Techniques – Anatomy Trains (by Michael Watson) 2012.
- Dry-Needling / Modern Acupuncture by Dr A. Campbell, London 2012.
- Controversies of the Core – by Paul Hodges, London, 2011.
In addition, Koosje also holds the following:-
- A Senior Level Certification in Hichibuku Seitaijutsu, The British School of Traditional Japanese Medicine, London, 2012
- A Diploma in Sports Massage, Niewegein, The Netherlands, 2008
- A Certification in Prior-Education Foundation year of Academy of Physical Education: Vooropleiding of Academie Lichamelijke Opvoeding, Alkmaar, The Netherlands, 2007
- A Diploma in Thai Massage, Chiang Mai, Thailand, 2005
- A Diploma in Dental Nursing, Amsterdam 2005
Koosje is a member of the following professional bodies:-
- The General Osteopathic Counsel (GOsC)
- The Health Professions Council – Physiotherapy (HCPC)
- The Chartered Society of Physiotherapy (CSP)
- The Royal Dutch Society for Physical Therapy (KNGF)
- The Kinesio Taping Association UK (Dr Kenzo Kase)
- The 4th International Fascia Research Congress, Washington DC in Sept 2015.
- The 1st Surrey Institute of Osteopathic Medicine, Research Symposium in April 2014.
- The First British Fascia Symposium, Windsor, U.K. 2014.
- The 8th Interdisciplinary World Congress on Low Back & Pelvic Pain in Dubai, U.A.E. October 2013.
- The Fysio Congres of Royal Dutch Society for Physical Therapy in Amsterdam, November 2009.
Additionally, Koosje has been both an Anatomy and a Physiology Teacher at The Sports Massage & Educational Institute ‘Van de Bilt & Libosan B.V.’ The Netherlands, 2009-2011.
And assisted in teaching and organising courses in Traditional Japanese Manual Therapy around the world, 2012-2017.